Previously published in PGS-CA Bulletin (Issue #75, July 2005)
Translated from the Słownik Geograficzny (1880-1902)
by Helen C. Bienick
Wójcina, in 1581 known as Woyczyna, is a village in the county of Dąbrowa Tarnowska. The village is flat, in a tabular area, and had 31 houses, with 195 inhabitants of whom four were Jews. The area is swampy and lies on the right bank of the Wisła, 173 meters above sea level. It was once a part of the Dalastowic estates. In 1875 the land was parceled off, and as a result the village became an affluent town. It covered 330 morgen  of farms, 79 morgen of meadows and gardens, 73 morgen of pastures, and 174 morgen, of forests. The parish church was in Szczucin. In his book, Małopolska (Little Poland), Pawinski states that in 1581, Wójcina was the property of Frederic Bonar, and had only seven people with farms, and four farmers without cattle. Wójcina borders Dalastowiec on the east, Ódmęt on the north, Kupienin to the northwest, Mędrzechów on the southwest, and Wola Medrzęchowska on the south.
Terms Requiring Further Explanation:
- ↑  morgen - a land measure equivalent to ~ 2.1 acres