Translated from the Słownik Geograficzny (1880-1902)
by Helen Bienick
Reichau was a German colony near Lubaczów, 15 kilometers distant from Cieszanów, to the southeast. It was a German colony founded by the Austrian Emperor. There was an Evangelical Parish, a chapel and a school dating from 1856.
(Note: During the partitions of Poland Prussia and Austria brought German settlers into Poland. These governments gave them farmland, cattle, seeds etc., often taken from the Poles.)