Previously published in PGS-CA Bulletin (Issue #55, April 2001)
Translated from the Słownik Geograficzny (1880-1902)
by Helen Bienick
Malinie, a village in the county of Mielec, is located on the right bank of the Wisłoka River on the road which runs from Mielec to Baranów. It is 8.2 kilometers distant from Mielec, and lies in a flat area, 176 meters above sea level. A county road leads to the village of Chrząstów. In the late 1800s there were 411 inhabitants. The parish church was All Saints in Chorzelów.
There were two large farmsteads. One covered 592 morgen (mr.) of land; and 62 inhabitants resided there. Of this land, 46 mr. were meadows, 199 were swampy flatlands for pastures, and 56 were forests. The other farm holding covered 195 mr. of farms, 37 of meadows and 11 mr. of pastures. On the east, Malinie borders Grochowe and Trześń; on the north lies the German colony of Tuszów, on the west Chrząstów, and Chorzelów on the south.