Translated from the Słownik Geograficzny (1880-1902)
by Helen Bienick
Kurzejewo was a small settlement about a quarter of a Polish mile from the town of Warlubie, in the county of Czersk Świecki. It lies on the left bank of the Wisła (Vistula) River. In maps drawn by the cartographer Kętrzynski, it was spelled as Kurczejewo. The village has been known to be in existence for many years, and was once the property of the Bishops of Kujawa. Records dating back to 1760 confirm that the name was officially revised to Kurzejewo. In later years, its name was deleted from official county maps. In diocesan schematics of 1867, Kurzejewo was mentioned as belonging to the parish in Komorsk, at which time it totaled 94 inhabitants.