Previously published in PGS-CA Bulletin (October 2013)
Translated from the Słownik Geograficzny (1880-1902)
by Helen Bienick
Koszuty is a village situated on the river Meszną in the county of Słupca, in the deanery of Wirzbiec, district and parish of Młodojewo. It lies a distance of three kilometers from Słupca. In the late 1800s, there were 30 houses with 200 inhabitants. The Koszuty folwark (large farmstead) also known as Bielawy, had 11 houses with 61 people. The land owned privately by the local farmers and the parsonage numbered three houses and 19 residents. A local manor house consisted of four buildings with 121 inhabitants. On the parsonage property owned by the church, there was also one house with 12 people.
Koszuty has an affiliate church from the 18th century built of wood. It was built in 1720 by Mikołaj Lukomski, an abbot, and dedicated to St. Bartholomew.
In the year 1253, Koszuty became the property of the convent in Ląd. (The above is described in the Kodex of Poland, Volume 1 pages 151 and 163, also in the works Łaski, and the book Liber Beneficiorum by the writer Długosz, Volume 1 page 305, in which Koszuty was mentioned as being a part of the parish in Słupca. The civil registers from the year 1859 state that the following folwarks were a part of Koszuty’s holdings: Koszuty folwark, Kowalewo-Sołeckie, Wola and Grobla. The following villages belonged to the district: Koszuty, Kowalewo, Wierzbno, Wola, the mill in Grobla, and the colony of Róża. According to the statistics of 1844, the region covered 2453 morgen  of land, consisting of fertile farms, meadows pastures and unused land, plus 2800 morgen of forests, in total 5253 morgen. In 1868, the folwark of Koszuty was the property of Major General Furnhelm.
↑  One morgen = ~2.116 acres.