Komorsk Mały Translated from the Słownik Geograficzny (1880-1902)
by Helen Bienick

Known as Klein Komorsk in German, Komorsk Mały is located on the lower banks of the Wisła River. The village covered 1020 morgen [1] of land, with 38 buildings and 28 houses. There were 32 Catholics and 146 Evangelicals. The parish church was in Komorsk Wielki, the school in Pastwisko, and the post office was in Warlubie. Komorsk Mały was once the property of the Dukes of Pomerania. In 1273, Duke Mestwin II gifted the village to the Bishops of Kujawa, and granted the same rights as given to Komorsk Wielki. Both Komorsks were the possessions of the Bishops, until the partitions of Poland and the Prussian occupation. In 1772, the Prussian rulers confiscated these estates and the villages fell into private hands.

[1] One morgen (mr.) equals ~2.1 acres.


Komorsk Parish Surnames from FHL films: #587512 & #587513, compiled by Paul Lipinski & Renay Wallace
Allamaniec
Bonin
Borcowski
Brodnicki
Burnicki
Chojnacki
Czerski
Danielewicz
Daszkowski
Draws
Dworacki
Gański
Gorecki
Gorski
Grabowski
Gryszka
Gussmann
Guzmann
Jablonski
Janzdrejewski
Jasinski
Jaworski
Jendrzejewski
Kaberski
Karpinski
Kilekowsiza
Kirski
Klein
Kocik
Kordowski
Krzyzan
Kuczyński
Kurek
Kwiatkowski
Laskowski
Maslanka
Mederski
Morawski
Murawski
Paczkowski
Padlowski
Paruch
Piotrowski
Rogala
Ruminski
Skibicki
Skodowski
Szczepanski
Szewicki
Wardzynski
Wasilewski
Wilczanski
Wilczarski
Wodkowski
Wojciechowski
Zagorski
Zareba
Zelinski
Zielinski
Zurawski

Events
PGS-CA Meeting

September 23, 2017

Topic:
Celebrating our Polish Heritage 2nd Annual Polish Potluck and Show and Tell

read more »
PGS-CA Meeting
Election Day!

November 18, 2017

Reminder:
This will be the 3rd Saturday in November (Due to Thanksgiving weekend being the 4th weekend).

Speaker:
TBA

Topic:
TBA

read more »