Previously published in PGS-CA Bulletin (Issue #26, October 1994)
Kawęczyn and Dąbrówka Wisłocka
Translated from the Słownik Geograficzny (1880-1902)
by Helen Bienick
Both these combined villages are located in the county of Mielec, and nestle between the Wisła (Vistula) and Wisłoka rivers. The inhabitants are parishioners of the church in Czermin, which borders them on the south. The terrain is flat and level, and covered by forests of pine trees. Dąbrówka lies slightly to the east of Kawęczyn. Combined, these villages totaled 1318 people, of whom 515 lived in Kawęczyn, and 803 in Dąbrówka. The major farmstead in Kawęczytn had 89 inhabitants, the farmstead in Dąbrówka consisted of 42. There was a public school with two classrooms. The lord of the manor, A. Melszynski owned 449 morgen of land, which was farmed, and 77 morgen of meadows. The lesser holdings consisted of 355 morgen of farmland, 72 morgen of meadows and gardens, and 115 morgen of pasture lands.