Previously published in PGS-CA Bulletin (July 2013)

Jurków Translated from the Słownik Geograficzny (1880-1902)
by Helen Bienick

Jurków, a village in the county of Tarnów [1] , lies on the right bank of the river Dunajec, and located on a major road which leads to the city of Tarnów.

It had a Catholic church and 188 inhabitants. The wooden church was built in 1320. It lies on a very fertile plain. The town in the late 1890s was the property of Ignacy Polucki. The church belongs to the Diocese of Tarnów, and its membership covered 10 adjacent villages. The population totaled 4365 Roman Catholics and 56 Israeli.

[1] Note: The county location today is Brzesko.


Surnames from Jurków 1846-1856 Deaths, Film #2087713, Compiled by Janice Lipinski
Adamczyk
Antos
Baron
Bernadzik
Bernardzik
Bialka
Bochonski
Bubareck
Buchowicz
Bugala
Capa
Cusakowice
Czernecki
Dobraski
Dudzik
Dymura
Falkowski
Fulara
Fularz
Goral
Janicki
Jantos
Jaworski
Kaputko
Klek
Kolak
Kornas
Kosienski
Koszinski
Kowalski
Koza
Kozdroj
Kukla
Kupiec
Kupszowe
Kuras
Latka
Lis
Ludwinski
Malina
Markiewicz
Marzec
Michalczyk
Mikulski
Mroz
Mucha
Muziol
Nalepa
Niec
Nowicki
Olszynski
Pachota
Pachowicz
Panek
Piechowicz
Pilas
Pociecha
Porosla
Ptaszszyk
Puchalska
Pularz
Rozkowicz
Ruzanski
Rzepka
Sacha
Sikorski
Skawinski
Solak
Spila
Sroka
Starzczyk
Staszcyk
Staszczyk
Swider
Szarzalek
Szczyrka
Targoska
Tekiela
Tobias
Tularz
Tutor
Wilk
Winiarski
Wlodarz
Wojtal
Zajar
Zawislak
Zwiernik

Events
PGS-CA Meeting

September 23, 2017

Topic:
Celebrating our Polish Heritage 2nd Annual Polish Potluck and Show and Tell

read more »
PGS-CA Meeting
Election Day!

November 18, 2017

Reminder:
This will be the 3rd Saturday in November (Due to Thanksgiving weekend being the 4th weekend).

Speaker:
TBA

Topic:
TBA

read more »