Previously published in PGS-CA Bulletin (Issue #87, October 2007)
Translated from the Słownik Geograficzny (1880-1902)
by Helen C. Bienick
Dziekanowice, a village in the county of Wieliczka, is located on the left bank of the river Raba, on the high road running from Gdów to Myślenice. It is located 12 kilometers south of Wieliczka, and 2 kilometers north of the post office in Dobczyce. There is a Roman Catholic parish in the town, which in the late 1800s totaled 293 inhabitants and 55 houses. One of the farmsteads covered 44 morgen of fertile farmland, 6 morgen, of meadows and gardens, 2 morgen, of pastureland, and 112 morgen, of forests. A second farm stead covered 16.5 morgen, of farmland, 32 morgen, of meadows and gardens, 20 morgen, of pastures, and 23 morgen of forests. The village had a one-classroom school, and a lending bank with a capital of 731 "złoty".