Previously published in PGS-CA Bulletin (Issue #75, July 2005)
Translated from the Słownik Geograficzny (1880-1902)
by Helen C. Bienick
Bolesław, a village in the county of Dąbrowa Tarnowska, had a Roman Catholic church, also a post office and a public school. The Catholic church was funded in 1605. The parish was part of the deanery of Dąbrowa Tarnowska. In the late 1800s, the population numbered 6375 Catholics and 460 Jews. The following villages belonged to the church in Bolesław: Kanna (with a chapel), Świebodzin, Kosierówka, Pawłów, Tonia Grady, Wólka Grądzka, Bór Grądzki, Samocice, Łęka, Podlipie, Kuzie, Strojców, Mędrzychów (with a chapel) and Kupienin.